Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial fell $0.97 (-1.1%) to $83.39 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,093,867 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,042,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.31-$84.81 after having opened the day at $84.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.36. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: CNinsure ( CISG), down 5.1%, Kingstone Companies ( KINS), down 4.6%, eHealth ( EHTH), down 4.6% and Meadowbrook Insurance Group ( MIG), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.