Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, BP fell $0.50 (-1.1%) to $47.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,914,532 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,623,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.06-$47.65 after having opened the day at $47.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.75. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), down 8.0%, Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), down 8.0%, Tengasco ( TGC), down 7.6% and New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.