Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials fell $0.45 (-2.6%) to $16.72 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,036,997 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,772,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.64-$17.21 after having opened the day at $17.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.17. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Actions Semiconductor ( ACTS), down 16.6%, Nam Tai Electronics ( NTE), down 12.1%, SMTC Corporation ( SMTX), down 11.3% and Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.