Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Celanese Corporation ( CE) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Celanese Corporation fell $1.24 (-2.4%) to $51.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,503,684 shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 851,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.35-$53.18 after having opened the day at $53.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.67. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 8.6%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 7.1%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 7.0% and Gevo ( GEVO), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Celanese Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.