Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy fell $0.87 (-3.2%) to $26.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,756,865 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,716,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.75-$26.84 after having opened the day at $26.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.88. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 14.8%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 14.8%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 14.7% and Golden Minerals ( AUMN), down 14.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.