Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cameco ( CCJ) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.7%. By the end of trading, Cameco rose $0.38 (1.7%) to $22.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,377,580 shares of Cameco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,732,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.84-$22.40 after having opened the day at $21.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.88. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), up 7.6%, China Gerui Advanced Materials Group ( CHOP), up 6.0%, General Steel Holdings ( GSI), up 5.0% and Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cameco Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.