Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Charter Communications ( CHTR) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Charter Communications rose $5.50 (4.2%) to $136.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,315,461 shares of Charter Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 943,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $131.31-$140.74 after having opened the day at $131.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $131.42. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Millennial Media ( MM), up 9.7%, Point.360 ( PTSX), up 8.0%, Radio One ( ROIAK), up 4.7% and Cablevision Systems ( CVC), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Charter Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.