Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Transocean ( RIG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Transocean rose $1.00 (2.3%) to $45.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,492,330 shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,770,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.43-$45.34 after having opened the day at $44.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.25. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: YPF Sociedad Anonima ( YPF), up 11.6%, Petrobras Argentina ( PZE), up 4.9%, MPLX ( MPLX), up 3.6% and Ferrellgas Partners ( FGP), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.