Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Rock-Tenn Company ( RKT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Rock-Tenn Company rose $1.32 (1.4%) to $97.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,050,156 shares of Rock-Tenn Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 719,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $95.03-$97.86 after having opened the day at $96.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.15. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), up 68.1%, Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 13.5%, Strattec Security Corporation ( STRT), up 11.0% and Herbalife ( HLF), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Rock-Tenn Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.