Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- AllianceBernstein Holding L.P (NYSE: AB) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- AB's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 307.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ALLIANCEBERNSTEIN HOLDING LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANCEBERNSTEIN HOLDING LP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.50 versus -$0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.62 versus $0.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 227.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$23.14 million to $29.52 million.
- The gross profit margin for ALLIANCEBERNSTEIN HOLDING LP is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. AB has managed to maintain the strong profit margin since the same quarter of last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AB's net profit margin of 85.56% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 83.01% to $40.48 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 83.01%, ALLIANCEBERNSTEIN HOLDING LP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 263.09%.