Turning to the other side of the option chain, we highlight one call contract of particular interest for the May expiration, for shareholders of Hewlett-Packard Co ( HPQ) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2% annualized dividend yield. Selling the covered call at the $30 strike and collecting the premium based on the $1.57 bid, annualizes to an additional 18% rate of return against the current stock price (this is what we at Stock Options Channel refer to as the YieldBoost), for a total of 20% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $30 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but HPQ shares would have to climb 3.5% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 8.9% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called. The chart below shows the trailing twelve month trading history for Hewlett-Packard Co, highlighting in green where the $27 strike is located relative to that history, and highlighting the $30 strike in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the May put or call options highlighted in this article deliver a rate of return that represents good reward for the risks. We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Hewlett-Packard Co (considering the last 251 trading day HPQ historical stock prices using closing values, as well as today's price of $29.02) to be 37%. In mid-afternoon trading on Monday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 1.05M contracts, with call volume at 1.86M, for a put:call ratio of 0.56 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are showing a preference for calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.