Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified BioDelivery Sciences International ( BDSI) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified BioDelivery Sciences International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.7 million.
- BDSI has traded 90,997 shares today.
- BDSI is down 3.7% today.
- BDSI was up 50.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDSI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BDSI: BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapeutics in the areas of pain management and oncology supportive care. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate BioDelivery Sciences International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for BioDelivery Sciences International has been 401,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. BioDelivery Sciences International has a market cap of $243.9 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.81 and a short float of 8% with 1.08 days to cover. Shares are up 6.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BioDelivery Sciences International as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has decreased by 5.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$17.48 million to -$18.49 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$19.18 million or 44.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL has improved earnings per share by 15.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL continued to lose money by earning -$0.04 versus -$0.85 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3487.5% in earnings (-$1.44 versus -$0.04).
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 49.16% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in BDSI do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full BioDelivery Sciences International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.