Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.23 (-1.7%) to $13.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,039,469 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,751,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.48-$13.74 after having opened the day at $13.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.75. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), down 10.0%, China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 7.3%, Cencosud ( CNCO), down 7.1% and Charles & Colvard ( CTHR), down 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.