Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. eBay ( EBAY) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.0%. By the end of trading, eBay fell $0.57 (-1.0%) to $54.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 24,486,329 shares of eBay exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,288,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.86-$54.95 after having opened the day at $54.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.94. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Bitauto Holdings ( BITA), down 9.2%, Qihoo 360 Technology ( QIHU), down 8.9%, Autobytel ( ABTL), down 7.6% and Yandex ( YNDX), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full eBay Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.