Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $2.22 (-2.5%) to $86.95 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,289,337 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,712,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.66-$89.37 after having opened the day at $88.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.17. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Direxion India Bull 3X Shares ( INDL), down 10.7%, Noah Holdings ( NOAH), down 10.2%, Financial Engines ( FNGN), down 9.2% and Credit Suisse ( XIV), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.