Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Capital One Financial ( COF) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Capital One Financial fell $0.97 (-1.4%) to $70.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,768,835 shares of Capital One Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,986,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.57-$71.78 after having opened the day at $71.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.54. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), down 24.6%, Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 23.9%, First Niagara Financial Group ( FNFG), down 12.2% and Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), down 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Capital One Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.