Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Randgold Resources ( GOLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Randgold Resources rose $0.70 (1.0%) to $70.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,187,768 shares of Randgold Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 857,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.94-$71.50 after having opened the day at $71.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.41. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), up 20.0%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 11.0%, International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 3.2% and AuRico Gold ( AUQ), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Randgold Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.