Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, Covidien rose $1.18 (1.8%) to $68.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,575,800 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,975,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.00-$70.42 after having opened the day at $69.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.82. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: SunLink Health Systems ( SSY), up 40.6%, Uroplasty ( UPI), up 28.3%, Bovie Medical Corporation ( BVX), up 8.6% and Pro-Dex ( PDEX), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.