Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.4%. By the end of trading, Microsoft Corporation rose $0.75 (2.1%) to $36.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 76,193,726 shares of Microsoft Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 39,398,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.53-$37.55 after having opened the day at $37.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.06. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution ( KONE), up 14.5%, Open Text Corporation ( OTEX), up 10.5%, GigaMedia ( GIGM), up 10.0% and Synaptics ( SYNA), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Microsoft Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.