Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anglogold Ashanti ( AU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Anglogold Ashanti rose $0.19 (1.4%) to $14.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,502,629 shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,034,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.54-$14.42 after having opened the day at $14.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.91. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), up 20.0%, Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 12.3%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 11.0% and Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 11.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.