Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gap ( GPS) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Gap fell $0.89 (-2.3%) to $37.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,973,695 shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,891,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $37.72-$38.99 after having opened the day at $38.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.67. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: E-Commerce China Dangdang ( DANG), down 10.8%, American Eagle Outfitters ( AEO), down 7.8%, Cache ( CACH), down 7.4% and Mercadolibre ( MELI), down 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.