Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcoa ( AA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Alcoa fell $0.15 (-1.2%) to $12.07 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 58,194,190 shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,588,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.99-$12.22 after having opened the day at $12.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.22. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: China Natural Resources ( CHNR), down 11.4%, Tonix Pharmaceuticals ( TNXP), down 8.2%, Tasman Metals ( TAS), down 7.6% and Rare Element Resources ( REE), down 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.