Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Leggett & Platt ( LEG) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Leggett & Platt rose $0.39 (1.3%) to $30.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,583,564 shares of Leggett & Platt exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 951,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.16-$30.71 after having opened the day at $30.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.30. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Ethan Allen Interiors ( ETH), up 7.6%, Natuzzi SPA ( NTZ), up 4.9%, Spectrum Brands Holdings ( SPB), up 1.7% and Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Leggett & Platt Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.