Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified International Game Technology ( IGT) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified International Game Technology as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IGT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.4 million.
- IGT is down 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IGT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IGT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IGT: International Game Technology, a gaming company, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets casino-style gaming equipment, systems technology, and game content for land-based and online markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. IGT has a PE ratio of 17.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate International Game Technology a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for International Game Technology has been 4.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. International Game Technology has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 6.7% with 3.50 days to cover. Shares are down 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates International Game Technology as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IGT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $127.40 million or 6.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INTL GAME TECHNOLOGY has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.64%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, INTL GAME TECHNOLOGY has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full International Game Technology Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.