- Revenue net of interest expense was up $113 million, or 6%, from the prior year to $2.1 billion.
- Total loans grew $3.2 billion, or 5%, from the prior year to $65.8 billion.
- Credit card loans grew $2.0 billion, or 4%, to $53.1 billion and Discover card sales volume increased 3% from the prior year.
- Net charge-off rate for credit card loans increased 4 basis points from the prior quarter to 2.09% and delinquencies over 30 days past due increased 5 basis points from the prior quarter to 1.72%.
- Payment Services pretax income was down $6 million from the prior year to $26 million. Transaction dollar volume for the segment was $49.8 billion, down 1% from the prior year.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) today reported net income of $602 million or $1.23 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2013, as compared to $539 million or $1.06 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company's return on equity for the fourth quarter of 2013 was 22%. Fourth Quarter Highlights