- SYK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $124.6 million.
- SYK has traded 71,907 shares today.
- SYK traded in a range 266.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.54.
- SYK traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 14 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 14 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYK: Stryker Corporation, a medical technology company, provides reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products for doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SYK has a PE ratio of 33.6. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Stryker Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Stryker Corporation has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Stryker has a market cap of $29.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.90 days to cover. Shares are up 4.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Stryker Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.80, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $622.00 million or 9.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STRYKER CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -43.82%.
- The gross profit margin for STRYKER CORP is currently very high, coming in at 70.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SYK's net profit margin of 4.78% significantly trails the industry average.
- STRYKER CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STRYKER CORP reported lower earnings of $3.39 versus $3.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.23 versus $3.39).
- You can view the full Stryker Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.