Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Nektar Therapeutics ( NKTR) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nektar Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NKTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.9 million.
- NKTR traded 89,550 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:12 AM, representing 11.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NKTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NKTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NKTR: Nektar Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in developing a pipeline of drug candidates that utilize its PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Nektar Therapeutics a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Nektar Therapeutics has been 776,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Nektar has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.69 and a short float of 5.6% with 6.51 days to cover. Shares are up 19% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nektar Therapeutics as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS reported poor results of -$1.50 versus -$1.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.33 versus -$1.50).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$19.71 million or 27.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 31.10%.
- This stock has increased by 45.98% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in NKTR do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 62.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$43.55 million to -$16.54 million.
- NKTR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 230.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Nektar Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.