Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PetSmart ( PETM) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, PetSmart fell $0.66 (-1.0%) to $63.12 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,034,201 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,280,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.06-$64.21 after having opened the day at $64.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.78. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation ( BGFV), down 2.6%, XO Group ( XOXO), down 2.1%, Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), down 2.0% and Titan Machinery ( TITN), down 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PetSmart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.