Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $0.96 (-1.1%) to $89.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,774,068 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,213,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $89.35-$90.82 after having opened the day at $90.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.60. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: NF Energy Saving ( NFEC), down 11.9%, Energy Recovery ( ERII), down 6.4%, Allegheny Technologies ( ATI), down 6.3% and Clean Diesel Technologies ( CDTI), down 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.