Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Companies ( WMB) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies fell $0.49 (-1.2%) to $38.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,252,537 shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,734,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.73-$39.58 after having opened the day at $39.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.45. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Timmins Gold ( TGD), down 12.7%, Iamgold ( IAG), down 11.9%, Penn West Petroleum ( PWE), down 10.1% and Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.