Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ciena Corporation ( CIEN) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation rose $0.49 (2.1%) to $23.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,124,148 shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,460,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.11-$23.82 after having opened the day at $23.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.08. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), up 44.6%, Vonage Holdings Corporation ( VG), up 19.9%, DragonWave ( DRWI), up 13.2% and Novatel Wireless ( NVTL), up 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.