Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.25 (1.9%) to $13.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 20,553,929 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,715,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.24-$13.55 after having opened the day at $13.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.27. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Mines Management ( MGN), up 19.4%, Rare Element Resources ( REE), up 13.0%, China Natural Resources ( CHNR), up 12.8% and Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), up 12.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.