Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide ( HOT) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide rose $1.72 (2.2%) to $80.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,797,785 shares of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,482,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $79.48-$81.39 after having opened the day at $79.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.91. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Brinker International ( EAT), up 6.5%, Home Inns & Hotels Management ( HMIN), up 5.9%, Rick's Cabaret International ( RICK), up 5.0% and Good Times Restaurants ( GTIM), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.