Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sony Corporation ( SNE) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Sony Corporation rose $0.26 (1.5%) to $17.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,918,782 shares of Sony Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,934,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.85-$17.13 after having opened the day at $16.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.85. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Nova Lifestyle ( NVFY), up 10.9%, Patrick Industries ( PATK), up 9.1%, SGOCO Group ( SGOC), up 8.0% and American Lorain ( ALN), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.