Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Icahn ( IEP) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Icahn rose $4.51 (4.2%) to $112.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 362,873 shares of Icahn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 415,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $107.56-$113.25 after having opened the day at $108.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108.48. Another company within the Conglomerates sector that increased today was Tecnoglass ( TGLS), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Icahn Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.