Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, State Street rose $0.98 (1.3%) to $75.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,815,389 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,064,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.43-$75.34 after having opened the day at $74.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.17. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: North Valley Bancorp ( NOVB), up 28.7%, Credit Suisse ( UGAZ), up 13.4%, Pinnacle Financial Partners ( PNFP), up 7.3% and Southwest Bancorp ( OKSB), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.