Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.46 (1.2%) to $38.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 16,872,076 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 24,057,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.12-$38.82 after having opened the day at $38.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.34. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Patrick Industries ( PATK), up 9.1%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 6.7%, Gentherm ( THRM), up 4.9% and Federal-Mogul ( FDML), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.