- Revenue from business customers increased 26% year-over-year to a record $32.3 million and represented 99% of total revenue.
- Number of new services sold during the third quarter was a record 61,286 vs. 44,366 in the same period last year.
- Average number of subscribed services per new business customer added during the quarter grew 20% to a record 20.4 from 17.0 in the same period last year.
- Average monthly service revenue per business customer was a record $274, compared with $252 in the same period last year.
- Channel and mid-market sales comprised a record 35% of new monthly recurring revenue sold in the quarter, a 57% increase compared with the same period last year.
- Service margin was 81%, compared with 80% in the same period a year ago; overall gross margin was 71%, compared with 69% in the same year ago period.
- Monthly business service revenue churn was 1.5%, compared with 2.3% in the same period last year; monthly business customer churn was 1.6%, unchanged from the third quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments were $174.0 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2014, compared with $46.5 million in the same period last year.
8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT), a provider of cloud-based unified communication and collaboration solutions, today announced operating results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014 ended December 31, 2013. The Company generated record revenue of $32.7 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2014, an increase of 24% over revenue of $26.4 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2013. The number of new services sold during the quarter was a record 61,286, an increase of 38% from 44,366 new services sold in the same period last year. GAAP net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2014 was $89,000, or $0.00 per diluted share, with $3.2 million of stock-based compensation expense in the quarter, approximately half of which is related to management transitions. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $2.5 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, representing 8% of revenue. “8x8’s results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014 displayed continued momentum, with a 24% increase in total revenue and a significant uptick in the number of new services sold during the quarter,” said 8x8 CEO Vik Verma. “Mid-market adoption of cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions is accelerating, and 8x8’s comprehensive suite of services is resonating well with these customers.” Third Quarter Fiscal 2014 Financial Results: