New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) today hosted its Annual Shareowners Meeting at the Robert B. Meyner Reception Center. Highlighting a year that began with the devastation of Superstorm Sandy and concluded with its 22 nd consecutive year of improved net financial earnings, NJR delivered consistent performance for its customers and shareowners. “This year, our company was challenged like no other time in its history,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO. “In the darkest hours following Sandy, the dedication, commitment and compassion of the women and men of New Jersey Resources shone the brightest. Every employee answered the call and contributed to, what I will always remember as, our finest year ever. We have an exceptional team and our record of consistent performance is a testament to the job they do every day.” At the meeting, shareowners elected to the NJR board of directors Jane M. Kenny, Sharon C. Taylor and David A. Trice for a three-year term and approved the advisory resolution on the company’s executive compensation. Additionally, shareowners ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche, LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and approved an amendment to NJR’s restated certificate of incorporation to make certain new provisions of the New Jersey Business Corporation Act applicable. “To all of our shareowners, I would like to thank you for the confidence you place in our company,” Downes said. “As we did in fiscal 2013 and will continue to do in the years ahead, we will always do our best to reward your trust and deliver safe, reliable service to our customers and consistent long-term performance for our shareowners.” About New Jersey Resources New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $2 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve approximately half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 56 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, both of which are Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC-regulated investments.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 120,000 service contract customers.