- PHG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.8 million.
- PHG traded 91,083 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:13 AM, representing 14.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PHG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PHG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PHG: Koninklijke Philips N.V. engages in the healthcare, lighting, and consumer lifestyle businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. PHG has a PE ratio of 102.5. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Royal Philips a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Royal Philips has been 470,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Philips has a market cap of $34.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Philips as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PHG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV turned its bottom line around by earning $0.03 versus -$1.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $0.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Industrial Conglomerates industry. The net income increased by 192.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $139.04 million to $406.78 million.
- 47.73% is the gross profit margin for KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.97% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 207.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.94% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Royal Philips Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.