Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $0.65 (-1.3%) to $47.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 32,896,454 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,526,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.76-$48.90 after having opened the day at $48.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.35. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Infinera Corporation ( INFN), down 11.4%, eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), down 10.1%, Ceragon Networks ( CRNT), down 7.4% and B Communications ( BCOM), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.