Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Ariad Pharmaceuticals fell $0.30 (-4.3%) to $6.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 15,148,516 shares of Ariad Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25,913,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.46-$6.95 after having opened the day at $6.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.90. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Amarin Corporation ( AMRN), down 23.8%, Nanoviricides ( NNVC), down 17.5%, NovaBay Pharmaceuticals ( NBY), down 12.5% and Ocera Therapeutics ( OCRX), down 12.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ariad Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.