Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, WellPoint rose $1.43 (1.7%) to $86.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,161,243 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,260,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.54-$87.26 after having opened the day at $85.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.49. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Thermogenesis Corporation ( KOOL), up 111.0%, ImmunoCellular Therapeutics ( IMUC), up 32.8%, Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), up 29.6% and iBio ( IBIO), up 28.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.