Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $2.86 (6.6%) to $45.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 35,431,255 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,246,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.98-$46.70 after having opened the day at $45.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.07. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 8.2%, Amyris ( AMRS), up 7.3%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 6.3% and Rentech Nitrogen Partners ( RNF), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.