Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BB&T ( BBT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, BB&T rose $0.53 (1.4%) to $39.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,708,493 shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,047,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.77-$39.34 after having opened the day at $38.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.78. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: ConnectOne Bancorp ( CNOB), up 21.7%, Signature Bank ( SBNY), up 13.6%, Center Bancorp ( CNBC), up 9.0% and Credit Suisse ( UGAZ), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BB&T Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.