Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.28 (-2.0%) to $13.61 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 22,235,905 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,977,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.31-$13.93 after having opened the day at $13.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.89. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Birks Group ( BGI), down 6.9%, Sally Beauty Holdings ( SBH), down 3.8%, EZCorp ( EZPW), down 3.5% and United Online ( UNTD), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.