Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kroger ( KR) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Kroger fell $0.56 (-1.5%) to $36.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,821,691 shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,357,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.56-$37.50 after having opened the day at $37.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.35. Other companies within the Services sector that declined today were: Performant Financial ( PFMT), down 14.9%, Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings ( AAWW), down 12.8%, Best Buy ( BBY), down 8.9% and Strayer Education ( STRA), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.