Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discovery Communications ( DISCA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications fell $1.11 (-1.4%) to $80.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,512,727 shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,214,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.55-$82.40 after having opened the day at $81.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.02. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Millennial Media ( MM), down 3.2%, Gray Television ( GTN.A), down 3.1%, YOU On Demand Holdings ( YOD), down 2.6% and Gray Television ( GTN), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Discovery Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.