Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial fell $0.32 (-1.9%) to $16.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,549,225 shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,880,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.03-$16.47 after having opened the day at $16.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.41. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Phoenix Companies ( PNX), down 8.0%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 6.2%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 3.4% and CNinsure ( CISG), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.