Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Covidien fell $1.48 (-2.1%) to $68.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,853,817 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,870,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.95-$69.64 after having opened the day at $69.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.68. Other companies within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Foundation Medicine ( FMI), down 8.9%, Nanosphere ( NSPH), down 6.0%, Edwards Life ( EW), down 5.7% and BioTelemetry ( BEAT), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.